Topic – This week’s discussion is on a current event or recent research related to stars or cosmology.
- Instructions and requirements – Choose a science news article highlighting a current event or recent research related to this week’s topic. In searching for an appropriate article, the following online science news sources are suggested
- Science Daily http://www.sciencedaily.com/
- e! Science News http://esciencenews.com/
- Phys.org http://phys.org/
Do not use reference websites like Wikipedia or internet blogs as sources.
- Write a 300-word essay about the article. The essay should have the following structure
- Paragraph 1 – a summary, in your own words, of the article’s highlights and main points (about 10 sentences or 100 words)
- Paragraph 2 – a discussion, in your own words and ideas, of how the article relates to the concepts studied in class this week (about 10 sentences or 100 words)
- Paragraph 3 – a discussion, in your own words and ideas, of why the article is important (about 10 sentences or 100 words). This part focuses on one of the main objectives of this course –relating science to practical application and everyday life
- Include the exact web address that will link directly to the article
- DUE 6/15/2017 4PM EASTERN TIME