Students are to group themselves to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 students per group. The assignment consists of 2 parts: a 2,000 word report (maximum) and an 8-10 minutes (maximum) in-class or video presentation.
Topic: ASIC v Hellicar (2012)
Please read and re-read carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Research on an Australian case (not more than 10 years old since the decision by the Court) involving breach of company director’s/officer’s duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Group report: Write a report outlining the following:
- Case introduction.
- The duties/responsibilities breached (ex. CA sections 181 or 588G) and explain why the duties were breached.
- Discuss and critically ANALYSE the court/tribunal decision and the reason for the decision in view of the Corporations Act. d. Where possible and applicable, the relevance of the decision to the development of Australian corporations law or the impact of the decision on the operation of companies in Australia.
- Group report must be submitted via SafeAssign on Blackboard.
- Group presentation: Present the report in class or video recording. Your lecturer will advise which is more appropriate.
All reports are expected to observe proper referencing in Harvard style. Minimum 15 references in reference list as well in text reference