Ethics Research Report
Due date: 18-Aug-2017
Return date: 08-Sep-2017
You are required to choose two professional areas in which you have an interest and research those professions codes of conduct/ethics/ behaviour.
Early childhood: http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/code_of_ethics/early_childhood_australias_code_of_ethics.html
Public Relations: http://www.pria.com.au/membercentre/members-code-of-ethics
Marketing research: http://www.amsrs.com.au/professional-standards/amsrs-code-of-professional-behaviour
More information on these is presented in modules.
After researching two professionsal areas prepare a report that:
• Describes what a code of ethics/conduct/ professional behaviour is and why is it important in the work place?
• Describes what ethics and professional conduct means to you in the workplace;
•Describes what you consider to be ethical behaviour in the light of the two professions you have researched and give at least two examples;
•Decsribes what you consider to be unethical behaviour in the light of the two professions you have researched and give at least two examples; and
• Compares and contrasts the codes of Ethics/conduct/behaviour for the two professions you have chosen.
Ethics and professional conduct are extremely important in the workplace and different professions have different requirements and expectations of the people within the professions. To develop your career you will need an understanding of these for your chosen profession but you will also need to understand the requirements if you are to join a professional association. For some professions membership of a professional association is mandatory and you will need to be working towards acquiring the experience and credibility to be able to join the professional association.
Your report should consist of:
• Title page;
• Table of contents;
• Executive Summary;( the above are NOT included in the word count)
• Introduction which includes identifying the two professions you are researching;
• Body of the report answering the questions listed above;
• Conclusion; and
Do Not submit in PDF form – these will not be marked.
A ‘content structure’ will be placed on Interact for this assessment which students MUST use to complete this assessment.
You MUST complete and submit all components of this assessment.