Interview someone you know who is in a management role. This can be at your current place of employment or someone that you know personally who works in a managerial role.
Prepare a 700-word discussion of the interview including the following:
Discuss what you discovered about contingency planning.
Discuss how creativity and critical thinking relate to contingency planning.
Explain how you might integrate creativity into your own planning process.
Discuss what you learned about creativity and its relationship to the decision-making process.
Identify the key steps that might require a contingency plan.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
University of Phoenix Material
Planning Process Interview Questions
Interviewee Name: _____________________
- How do you use the decision-making in your role as a manager?
- What role does contingency planning play in your role as a manager? How do you apply critical thinking to contingency planning?
- What roadblocks do you encounter when trying to apply creativity to your decision-making process?
- Are any business settings more in need of contingency planning than others? If so, why might they require contingency planning?
- What parts of planning are most likely to require a back-up play? Why?
- What additional information do you think a future manager should know about decision-making, contingency planning, and critical thinking?